I don't want to sound like a broken record... but where does the time go? It feels like just yesterday I was writing my 'month in review' post for March, but here we are again a full month later! So here's what I did and didn't get done in April, plus plans for May.
The BusinessApril was a really, really busy month, but I did manage to take a little more time off (I think). Overall I managed to get a lot done and I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.
- Launched the brand new Lyrical Media iPhone site
- Got approved finance for Lyrical Media
- Won some new clients and worked on some great projects
- Got Lyrical Media featured on Smashing Magazine!
- As a result of the above got my office completely sorted out (see pics below)
- Finally sorted out my business bank account (detailed post coming this week)
- Conducted an awesome interview with Brendon Sinclaire
- Conducted an equally awesome interview with Chris Spooner
- Reviewed the SitePoint Email Marketing Kit
Reviewing Goals for 2009As it's now a quarter of a year since I set out my 2009 goals, I thought it'd be good to have a quick look at the ones I have managed to do so far.
- Sustain myself comfortably between now and May 1st - Success!
- Find and successfully acquire some finance for Lyrical Media - Success!
- Read 11 web/marketing related books - 5 done so far
- Get featured on Smashing Magazine - Success!
Reviewing Goals for April
- Set up Newsletter - back from last month, really want to get this done Half success, it's all designed - now I just need to code it
- Review the SitePoint Email Marketing Kit on this blog (fits in with the above) - Success, but more to come!
- Review the Rockstar Freelancer Book on this blog - Big fail
- Win (at least) two new client projects - Success! I won 4
- Complete the first sample of my top secret Lyrical Media project (watch this space) - Big fail
- Grow my twitter account to 1,500 followers - Success! 1,510
- Grow my rss subscribers to 100 people - Fail. 80
- Sell EggRage.co.uk (leave a comment if interested) - Fail
Goals for May
- Code up and release the first Lyrical Media newsletter
- Review the Rockstar Freelancer Book on this blog
- Get new business cards, letter heads, and stickers printed
- Grow my twitter account to 2,200 followers
- Grow my rss subscribers to 100 people
- Take on a virtual assistant